LIC Assistant Administrative Officer notification was announced yesterday and we have seen that many students have doubts regarding the Online Application. We have given below a list of frequently asked questions and their answers.
1. What are the posts available under this recruitment project?
The post which will be available in this recruitment project is Assistant Administrative Officer (Generalist).
2. When will be the exam conducted?
The Tentative dates are –
05th March 2016
06th March 2016
13th March 2016.
3. When will the result be declared?
There is no tentative date for the declaration of result given in the notification.
4. How many vacancies will be there?
List of the vaccancies are given below. Click on the image to enlarge.
5. Will the exam conducted online or offline (OMR Based)?
The exam for the post of LIC AAO is also conducted by IBPS. So the exam will be ONLINE.
6. What is the age criteria to apply in this common written exam?
Age Criteria As on 1st December, 2015:
Minimum Age shall be 21 years (completed) as on 1st December, 2015.
Maximum age shall not be more than 30 years
Candidates must have been born not on or before 02/12/1985 and not on or after 01/12/1994.
7. What is the educational qualification required for various posts in this recruitment process?
Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution
8. Is there any kind of bond?
Yes, Before joining as a Probationer, candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve LIC for a minimum period of four years from the date of joining (including probationary period) failing which, he/she or his /her heirs, executors, administrators will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs.200,000/-only (Rupees Two Lakhs only)
9. What is the application Fee?
Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Rs. 600 /- for all others
10. When will the registration start?
Registration will start from 15-12-2015
11. I have scored 55% in Graduation. Am I eligible to sit for the exam?
There is no percentage criteria mentioned in the Notification. You just need to be a graduate.
12. I am 19 years old. Can I sit for the exam?
No. You have to complete 21 years as on 1st December 2015. To know more, check Pont Number – 6.
14. How to calculate the Percentage?
The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
16. What is the Structure of the exam?
17. Is the exam Bilingual?
The tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
18. What is the cut-off for being recruited?
There is no fixed cutoff for LIC AAO exam. It depends on the performance of the candidates each year. Your final score is calculated based on your performance in the written test and the interview.
19. Is there a sectional cut-off in the exam?
Yes, there is a sectional cut-off in the exam. You have to clear every section in order to secure a seat for the Interview.
20. I have cleared the overall cutoff of the exam. However, I could not clear the cutoff for the general knowledge section. Am I still eligible?
Unfortunately, you are not eligible to move to the interview stage. You must clear the cutoff for each section individually and the overall cutoff as well.
21. Is there a criterion for negative marking?
There is negative marking of ¼ marks for every wrong answer.
22. What is the salary scae and the job profile of ADO?
Job of an Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) is regarded as a very responsible and respected job in Indian service sector due to involvement of person holding post of an AAO in preparation and scrutinizing the bills for the payment.
An AAO is also involved in various purchases and maintenance of financial, administrative and personal services.
Job Profile and Promotion:
– Enquiries related to works and purchases are solicited in the name of AAO and work orders are signed and placed under the signatures of an Assistant Administrative Officer.
– may include devising new schemes
– inspecting policies
– managing & filing claims
– client interactions,
– coordinating with other depts about a scheme/ policy
– provide assistance etc.
– perform any other works as & when specified by dept head/ administrative officer
– Career advancement opportunities are available for dynamic officers as Administrative Officers, Senior Administrative Officers, Chief Administrative Officer and Director, Administration etc.
– After gaining certain level of experience, AAOs are promoted as Administrative Officer.
There are also chances to move to other departments through internal posting.
Since promotions depend on various parameters set by the respective company,
exact duration cannot be commented by us.But industry experts say such pushes
happen after 5 years (minimum)
Life Insurance Corporation recruits AAOs in the Basic pay of Rs. 17240 /- per month in the scale of “17240- 840(14) –29000– 910(4) –32640” that is under consideration for the pay revision. Post also carries other admissible allowances as per rules. On posting in a city which is classified as “A” class city, an AAO will receive approximately Rs. 33,418/- per month as total emoluments at the minimum of the scale inclusive of admissible allowances such as House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance. Benefits such as Contributory Pension, Gratuity, LTC, Medical Benefit, Group Savings Linked Insurance (GSLI), Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Insurance , Vehicle Loan (2-wheeler/4 wheeler) are admissible as per existing rules of the Corporation.
Basically you get 40,000 in hand in class A city.
AAO`s may not engage in travelling but at times, they might have to visit certain areas
for follow up & not specifically for sales.
Hence they could be posted in specific departments within the organisation like Legal,
Marketing, Systems, Claims, Customer service etc & the responsibilities for each will
To view the LIC AAO 2016 Notification : Click Here
To view the Cutoff Of LIC AAO held in 2013: Click Here